Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Random Week Stuff #8" 10/7/09

Alright, let's attempt to do this all over again. I do like writing and keeping you all updated with the way my BRAIN works and stuff, but it can be pretty taxing when I do try to make it perfect and ENTERTAINING. As we speak, I'm attempting to write all this out at work, and hopefully I am successful cause I don't really want to do it at home. Then I just lose more time from video games and other things. ;) Not that big of a deal, but still. Oh, and just a random side note...if any offers to download Open Office for you cause they say it's the same as Microsoft Office...smack them. Open Office is horrible, and I hate typing in it right now too.

As for what's been going on in life, there really hasn't been much. Just still at the same old computer job here at Invisus...still helping the same OLD people that don't understand computers. It's fine, I mean, they do pay my bills in exchange for my assistance...but sometime you want to pop. You all know how it goes I'm sure. I still live in Orem at Village on the Parkway...with good old KYLE BROWN. I wonder how many times I can say “old” in this post. Though it should be ol' instead of old. Oh well. I'm still dating Lex and we are now past the good old three year mark as well. Yeah yeah, I should probably marry her and all you guys are so weirded out that I haven't. Well...sorry. It'll happen. But you all should know I'm not that normal kinda guy when it comes to these things. But when you get that invite in the mail then you know something cool is going to happen.

So let's talk about October. Lots of people like this month for some reason. Personally I don't mind the month. It's the month that makes me remember the next two months are going to be amazing. The cold air rushing in and my comforter isn't melting my body anymore makes me pretty happy. My Mom's birthday is on the 17th...(I really hope I got that right...pretty bad at birthdays)...and yes, the good old holiday of HALLOWEEN. I wish Halloween was different. I mean, it's a cool concept and stuff, but I just find it to be so dull once you hit 13 or so. Trick or Treating is the best part about Halloween...hands down. But as time went on and more and more parents became paranoid...it seems that even Trick or Treating is starting to lose it's fun. Remember running through neighborhoods trying to hit all the houses you could to get as much candy as possible? It was amazing! It was fun and exciting! Now though, your parent takes you to a church parking lot for a TRUNK OR TREAT and you hit the back of cars of people you know while your mom/dad watch over your shoulder the whole time. I find it odd that it's the trunk. Getting candy from people out of their cars seems WAY more bad news than from their house. It just seems like it loses the excitement. Moving along with Halloween...you then get older and you have pretty much three choices.:

1. Go out with a little kid and stare over their shoulder for the parents so they can go do option two...which is-
2. Go to a party with a bunch of people and get drunk or do something RETARDED like talk about what crazy scary foods were made and brought, along with how awesome the decorations are. The last option is-
3. Stay at home and pass out candy...which is lame because you don't really worry about it because you passed it out earlier in the day from your car...so now you usually just sit in front of the TV and help out a few other kids that come to your door. I think I just hate that there's no real excitement anymore with it. The only thing that is really exciting to me about Halloween is going to the Haunted Houses and stuff. But even then you deal with over pricing, bad acting, and over-crowded areas. Last year I went to the one in American Fork...the HAUNTED FOREST. First off...they have two things there, (well, they did last year. Not sure what it's all about this year) they have the forest and then a small haunted house. The Hollow costs 20 bucks, and the House does as well, but if you buy them together they knock off like five bucks. So...coming from my point, I have a date with me. So I just dished out 70 bucks to do this date. And when you go into the house, it takes about 10 minutes cause it's small and worthless. I mean, they do a good job don't get me wrong, but if you go with a group of 10 people and you have a group of 20 behind you the whole time pushing you through it, you don't really enjoy it whatsoever. The forest was cool too, but again, due to having a huge group with you and following you, the intensity of it all just becomes nonexistent, and it just makes the money not worth the actual time and experience. There was actually a part we got to in the whole Hollow where there was about 60-80 people all in one area! How are you supposed to be scared of that?! Really lame. Anyway, I just wish Halloween was cool again. Maybe if someone set up something where you get to run through a corn maze or a haunted area with a paintball gun and shoot people dressed as Zombies or something I would really love it again. Maybe I should start that....hmmm....


Masks are fun. Especially when you start walking around wearing one of THESE ones...people get freaked out. :)

I think if I eat McDonald's breakfast I don't have to eat for the rest of the day. Wow...I feel full.

I think I'm going to talk about my music taste for the moment. I find that people do seem to find a mold to fit when it comes to their music and they stick with it. Nothing against my friends or family, but I find that people are pretty much stuck on the same style and dance of music...which kinda makes me sad. Well, except for my sister. She seems to be more like me and likes everything and likes to hear new things. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of styles and bands that get on my nerves quickly, but I do have a pretty open mind when it comes to the music. For example, right now I am really enjoying Anchor and Braille. It's the lead singer from Anberlin's little side project, and it's really mellow and somewhat electronica. But, then I will listen to some Pearl Jam and then hit up Paramore. After that I go over to some Dear in the Headlights and then usually finish off with some Thrice or Brand New. I think what I'm not enjoying as of late is whiny boy headlining bands that play piano. I mean, I got Something Corporate and Muse for that...and at least Muse has some real talent. Oh, and Billy Joel as well. Just something about all of them coming out as of late that doesn’t catch my interest anymore. I'm starting to like the heavier stuff as well...but only if it's different from the normal Metallica or other random "I'M A HARDASS" bands. I just don't enjoy those groups. What I'm referring to is bands like the Deftones. Man I love the Deftones. Anyway...I'm just rambling now. Here's a few new CDs you should go check out, and here's a few new CDs you should pull off the shelf and just smash under your foot immediately when you see them.

Get:
Brand New – Daisy
Pearl Jam – Backspacer
Paramore – Brand New Eyes
Anchor & Braille – Felt
Kings Of Leon – Only By The Night

Smash:
Sugar Ray – Music For Cougars
Taking Back Sunday – New Again
The Used – Artwork
Vertical Horizon – Burning The Days
A.F.I. - Crash Love

Let me explain a few of these here...just so some don't try and KILL me. I have already kinda touched base on Anchor & Braille. So just remember that the band is really mellow with the right touch of Anberlin in it. Kings of Leon will always be amazing, and that album has been out for awhile, and if you don't have it....smack yourself and go pick it up now. It's a powerful album...and there are just some songs that will put you in a trace where you will find yourself feeling more and more in tune with your emotions. It's brilliant. As for Brand New's new(?) album...you have to have an open mind. As some of you might have seen when Kyle and I picked up the leaked copy of it, his status stated it clearly. “Brand New is always just...well...brand new.” This album isn't like the one before, or the one before that, or the one before that. Now come to think of it, none of the albums have ever really sounded the same, and this one is definitely no exception. Be careful when buying this album...you'll find that it might not fit you as well as you think. Paramore's new album has surprised me actually. The reason why I say to pick it up is because it's not really like the last one. I mean, there are similar things, but you can tell she really has upped her vocals.

As for the smashes...Sugar Ray will always be in my heart as a wonderful band to make me smile. Though, usually when a band makes an album after they have already made a “Greatest Hits” one...it tends not to be so awesome. Only exception to this recently I have found is Pearl Jam and Third Eye Blind. But 'Music For Cougars' just isn't that pleasant. A.F.I. just sounds washed up. I'm done with it. This has to be the album that breaks it. I hope so at least. Finally I'll touch on The Used since this is the one people are going to complain about. I'm sorry, this album is better than the last one that's for sure, but it's still nowhere near being a good album. You can tell when the band was doing well and was really into it for the music and the love of the art. The only 'Artwork' I'm seeing with this is that they can paint the same old picture, good old hard riffs and heavy drums while Bert tries to actually show that he has some meaning in his songs. This is nowhere near being as good as the first two albums. Just steal the album if you want to challenge my word...and then you'll thank me for not spending money on it.

So this last weekend I drove up to good old Layton. Wasn't a bad time. Went and saw ZOMBIELAND with the peeps. Sorry for the bad seating...but it really wasn't my fault! There was a giant line in front of us! Sigh...anyway. Epic movie. A must see. I don't care if you don't see rated R movies...just do it. I laughed...a lot. I pretty much cried too...cause I was laughing. Oh, and EMMA STONE is fetching gorgeous in this movie. Not that I'm a huge fan of her or anything, just in this movie it felt so right. Ah Columbus...you lucky, lucky man. After that we went to Shane's and hung out and whatnot. By the way...don't drink people's stuff unless you plan on paying for at least some of it. You can't expect to get free hand outs all the time unless you're in some way going to pay it back...and no...having people take care of you is not the way to go on that. Sorry kiddo. That pretty much sums that night up. It was fun to see Mitch again. Man, that kid is one good guy. Makes me want to move up there to hang out with him more. Eh, he'd get sick of me though. ;)

Anyway, I think we'll head to sports so we can start wrapping up this giant post. Ladies...cover your ears...or eyes...or...just scroll down I suppose. ;)

Well, I just barely finished watching the Twins beat the Tigers in 12 to win the tie breaker in the AL Central. Amazing game…so much was on the line. It’s crazy to watch a whole season of work come down to one game. I was rooting for the Tigers, but the Twins is a good team to go with as well. So…just if anyone didn’t know…the playoffs are now starting. Here’s who’s there.

Rockies VS Phillies
Dodgers VS Cardinals

Angels VS Red Sox
Twins VS Yankees

Now just to give my predictions on these teams…for this good old start…I say this:

Rockies take it in 5
Cardinals take it in 4
Angels take it in 4
Yankees take it in 4

If you would like to know all the way…I say:

Cardinals over the Rockies in 6
Yankees over the Angels in 6

World Series: Cardinals VS Yankees….Yankees win in 6.

I know I hate to say it, but I do believe the Yanks are going to pull it out. I love the Cards…but I just see them falling apart down the stretch. Who knows though…it’s baseball. Things happen.

As for football, I’m a big Packers fan if you guys didn’t know. Yeah, yeah…we lost to Farve and the Vikings on Monday. I know. But it was still a good game. I will always enjoy Farve and the way he plays the game. He’s a respectable player. Can’t make up his mind for nothing…but a good player nonetheless. I don’t have much else to say about this good old sport other than it’s been fun so far...especially with having fantasy football teams. Oh, and if you were wondering…I am the winner in all three of my fantasy baseball leagues. Yay for me eh? ;)

Random AWARDS:
Sports team of the week: Minnesota Twins
Favorite of the week: Cold Air
Friend of the week: Mitch Stacey
Who’s gonna watch you die of the week?: HOPEFULLY NOT THEM
Band of the week: Anchor & Braille
Death of me of the week: McDonald’s Breakfast
Favorite picture of the week: YAY FOR CAUSES!
Hot celebrity of the week: OLIVIA WILDE (Scandalous)
Video game of the week: Batman: Arkham Asylum
Most overused word in this post of the week: Old (14 times)
Movie of the week: Zombieland
Too expensive of the week: Guitar Hero Guitar
Don’t get attacked by this of the week: RAWR
Hot RL girl of the week: Erin Jensen

Hot FIZZ...

Lolcat of the week:
funny pictures of cats with captions
Vid of the week: VID (Language)

News of the week: NEWS

Comic of the week: COMIC

FML of the week: "Today, I was sitting around a bonfire when an ember landed on my crotch. Without thinking, I quickly slapped at it and hit myself square in the nuts. FML"

Thanks everyone. Please comment...it's really the only thing that keeps me writing these. :)

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment