Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Random Week Stuff #6" 6/2/09

Hey all, hope you guys had a good week and weekend. I know mine went pretty well. At the moment, I want to talk about some new music that just came out. So...here we go.

First off we'll get Eminem out of the way. His new album is pretty decent. I mean, it's still the same whiney stuff like he had before...but there are some definite changes involved. I guess he went through a big drugs and drinking deal, and he raps/sings about it as well. In his RELAPSE album look for great songs like "Crack A Bottle", "Deja Vu", and "Beautiful". To be honest though, that's about as good as it gets from him. The rest is his typical stuff lately that isn't all that wonderful. 2/5 from me.

I was going to do about 2 more or so...but I decided I rather move along. So I'll finish up with the new Dave Matthews cd.

BIG WHISKEY AND THE GROOGRUX KING is an amazing album. Dave Matthews kind of was in a slump there for a bit in my mind. The last few albums had a hit and that was about it. No real feel to it. This album is all inspired mainly on their sax player who was killed in an ATV accident. They recorded a bit of the album with him already, and then the accident happened. So you find that the album has an interesting feel to it. The sax plays through the first part and slowly it fades out and it goes more into a heart felt vibe. Look for some intense songs like "Funny The Way It Is", "Baby Blue" and "You and Me". The other songs are great as well, but those are my favorite. Definitely a big album for the Dave Matthews collection. :) 4.4/5 from me.

Kyle has a movie going on in his room at the other end of the apartment. I can hear it almost word for word in my room. I've even texted him to tell him it's that loud...but apparently he doesn't pay his cell phone bill. Fail. 3:00 am movie blasting FTL.

Moving along...seems like my baseball game I was going to has fell through. :( Makes me SAD. But it's fine. Guess people rather do other things which is understandable. I need to find some friends that are really into baseball. Seems they don't really exist nowadays.

So I'm really upset with some people lately. Seems that most people are just out for themselves sometimes. I mean, we all do it...and I know that I have before. But it's really crappy when you have people you're close with and they just kinda have ya there for their own gain and good. No appreciation for what you really offer them through friendship or comfort. Why can't people see what friends are really about and have the comfort that people care about them and for them. Not only that, but when you do have someone you love or that loves you...why not hold on to it? Why would you want to even try and mess it up? Just doesn't make much sense to me at times. If you have heard the song "The Perfect Ending" by Straylight Run...I really feel like it hits home when it comes to some of this stuff. My favorite part is the chorus...where it goes:

So if you made it,
Just be glad that you did and stay there,
If you ever feel loved or needed,
Remember that you're one of the lucky ones,
And if it's over,
Just remember what I told you,
It was bound to happen so just...
Keep moving on,
There are no perfect endings,
No perfect endings.

We can only the make the best of what we have...and always know that there isn't "perfect endings". It's only what we make of it. If you want the full lyrics go ahead and go HERE.

Sports time. :)

So I don't think I'm going to try predictions with basketball for awhile. I mean, at least from this year. This year has been just way too crazy. Magic/Lakers? I mean...we saw the Lakers getting there...but the Magic? Wow. Pretty impressive. Personally I want the Magic to win it...and I have no clue who will. Howard is looking good...and his team is impressive. Kobe and his gang is just blah to me. I'm tired of seeing them. I want the yellow to die. Other than that, I don't have much to say on it. Thoughts?

Just so everyone knows...(since I'm so proud of myself) I am ranked first overall in all three of my fantasy baseball leagues this week. I'm a winner! ;)

Speaking of baseball...I have been following it so much I just can't even place some thoughts on what I would want to talk about. All I'll say for this week is grats to the Yanks for coming back from a slump at the beginning of the season and rocking it. Grats to the Rangers for holding the AL best record...and grats to the Dodgers for being incredible this year. No worries guys...my Mariners were looking hot till they blew a seven point lead on Saturday and lost to the Angels...and then lost today to the Orioles one to nothing. Blah. Oh, and let's not forget the home run race. :)

Home Runs:
1. Adrian Gonzalez, SDG 21
2. Raul Ibanez, PHI 17
3. Carlos Pena, TAM 17
4. Albert Pujols, STL 16
5. Mark Teixeira, NYY 16

Random AWARDS:

Favorite Movie of the week: Up!
Best rapper of the week: DR. DRE
Scary thing for kids of the week: BALL PIT
Friend of the week: Chris Cook
Cool style of the week: Matrix Style
Funny baseball thing of the week: Flock of seagulls on field
Band of the week: Envy The Coast
Video game of the week: Lord Of The Rings Online
Cool thing of the week: Rain
Hot Celeb of the week: JENNIFER MORRISON
Tv show of the week: House
Retarded thing of the week: Eating breakfast outside in the sun
Hot RL girl of the week: Andee Curtis

Hot Fizz:

Lolcat of the week:funny pictures of cats with captions

Vid of the week: VID

News of the week: NEWS

Comic of the week: COMIC

FML of the week: Today, I saw the following message on my Facebook News Feed: "Morning Sex: [My mom] and [My dad] are fans. Click here to Join" FML

That's all folks. Thanks!

Love,
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment